Smoky Mountain Wrestling Miscellaneous Match Lists
SMW Best of The Heavenly Bodies- Time 2:00 VQ- VG/EX
1. Music Video recapping the Bodies vs The Steiners at WWF SummerSlam 93
2. The (Original) Heavenly Bodies & "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton vs The Rock 'N Roll Express & "Double A" Arn Anderson
3. The (Original) Heavenly Bodies & "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton vs The Studd Stable
4. The Heavenly Bodies vs The Steiner Brothers
5. The Heavenly Bodies vs The Bruise Brothers (Gang Fight)
6. The Heavenly Bodies vs Lance Storm & Tracy Smothers
7. The Heavenly Bodies vs The Rock 'N Roll Express (SMW Tag Titles- Cage Match)
SMW Best of The Bruise Brothers- Time 2:00 VQ- VG
1. The Bruise Brothers debut as Jim Cornette's newest charges and destroy The Rock & Roll Express
2. Bruise Brothers make their TV debut and annihilate 2 jobbers
3. The Bruise Brothers vs The Rock & Roll Express. Great stuff! R & R are scheduled to face 2 jobbers, but Cornette challenges the R & R's to put the titles up and calls them yellow. In the match, Corny whacks Robert Gibson with the racquet and the Harris Boys win the tag belts. A
huge Battle Royal Brawl begins when The Heavenly Bodies join the post match fray, until SMW Commissioner Bob Armstrong clears the ring with a baseball bat, a la Bill Watts!
4. The Bruise Brothers vs The Rock & Roll Express. In nearly the same scenairio as above, The R & R's lay out the challenge. Cornette accepts, but refuses to put the belts on the line
5. The Bruise Brothers vs The Rock & Roll Express. Jip 9/11/93. R & R's win the tag belts, and an annoyed Cornette places the Brothers on "double secret probation" for failing him
6. The Bruise Brothers tell Jim Cornette that they are still worthy of the #1 tag team and want to face the Heavenly Bodies to prove it to him. Cornette big time runs down the Brothers, and gets shoved down for his troubles. He gets up, apologizes, and says maybe a match would be the best thing. He then immediately throws powder in their eyes, thus cementing The Bruise Brothers face turn. This brawl goes all the way to the dressing room and back to the arena again, and it takes every wrestler in the promotion to break them up! GREAT STUFF!
7. The Bruise Brothers vs The Heavenly Bodies. WILD MATCH, Brothers DQ'ed when they bust a wooden plank over Jimmy Del Ray's head
8. The Bruise Brothers vs The Heavenly Bodies. From Thanksgiving Thunder '93. GANG FIGHT (only way to win is to KO your opponent for a 10 Count). GREAT ENDING, as Jimmy Del Ray moonsaults ref Mark Curtis, Cornette uses ether on one Brother, but is caught by the other
Brother and tossed into a table in the ring--the other Brother then puts Pritchard out with the ether. THE MOONDOGS then show up, and in USWA style, lay a beating on the Brothers!!!
9. The Bruise Brothers vs The Heavenly Bodies. STREET FIGHT. *****+ brawl!! They tear the arena apart!!
10. The Rock & Roll Express vs The Moondogs. End only. One of the Bruise Brothers KO's The Moondog with a chair. An irate Cornette calls out The Bruise Brothers, who get destroyed by Cornette and the "Dogs with bones, powder, trash cans, stop signs, tennis racquets,etc!
11. The Bruise Brothers vs The Moondogs. From Christmas Chaos 93. Wild brawl that oes all the way to the dressing room
12.The Bruise Brothers vs The Moondogs. Handheld camera. Wild match
13. The Bruise Brothers vs The Moondogs. STEEL CAGE MATCH
The following matchlist was provided by Eric's Trading Zone
Best of The Gangstas in SMW- Time 2:00 VQ- VG
Gangstas vs. Scott Studd, Steve Skyfire
Gangstas Intv. from Night of Legends
Gangstas vs. Jobbers
Gangstas Intv. Clip-Gangstas causing RnR Express to lose SMW Tag Titles
Gangstas vs. Rock n Roll Express SMW Tag Titles
Gangstas vs. Rock n Roll Express Parking Lot Brawl
Gangstas vs. Rock n Roll Express SMW Tag Titles Knoxville County Fair
Gangstas in their neighborhood
New Jack vs. Robert Gibson Finals of a Battle Royal
Gangstas Intv. Robert Gibson jumps in
New Jack vs. Ricky Morton Robert Gibson & Mustafa Saed get involved
Gangstas Intv. Jim Cornette offers to manage Gangstas
Gangstas vs. Lance Storm, Brian Lee
Gangstas vs. Scott & Steve Armstrong
Corey's SMW Best of The Gangstas Vol. 1- Time 4:00 VQ- GD
1. Gangstas v. Anthony Michaels & Chris Hamrick (The Gangstas debut in SMW)
2. INT Gangstas - The first in a long line of the best interviews I've seen in years. The heat they generated was incredible!
3. Gangstas v. Steve Skyfire & Scott Studd (The Gangstas then do an interview mentioning O.J Simpson & Reginald Denny. The TV station is now bleeping out parts of their promos.
4. INT with Jim Ross at Night of Legends 8/5/94. The Gangstas make their challenge to the Rock & Roll Express. They also Make their feelings known about the local chapter of the NAACP who complained about the Gangstas' gimmick.
5. Gangstas v. Brian Logan & Steve Skyfire
6. Gangstas v. Chris Hamrick & Dan Dubiel
7. Gangstas v. The Rock & Roll Express (the RRs win, but the Gangstas' "security force" beats down Ricky Morton with Nightsticks, much like Reginald Denny in LA.
8. Gangstas v. Anthony Michaels & Doug Dalton
9. Gangstas v. Rock & Roll Express in a WILD brawl from Johnson City. The whole locker room empties, as the two teams brawl all over the building, and into the parking lot. New Jack gets thrown onto his own car, setting off the alarm!
10. Gangstas v. Rock & Roll Express (The Gangstas win the SMW tag titles by using New Jack's night stick, but Bob Armstrong comes out and tells the ref who restarts the match, leading to the RRs getting the pin. BUT THE STORY'S NOT OVER AS YOU'LL SEE.
11. The following week, Bob Armstrong announces that the Gangstas had hired a civil rights lawyer and threatened a multi-million dollar lawsuit, forcing SMW to return the Tag Titles to them. Fantastic angle, as the Gangstas cheat to win, and then accuse SMW of discriminating against them because they're black.
12. VIDEO - The Gangstas return to the "Hood" with their newly won Tag Titles. New Jack & Mustafa spend time partying with their boys and talking about the RR express. As intimidating as their neighborhood looks on video, imagine how Jim Cornette felt. He was the one behind the camera filming it. Cornette had to go to Atlanta, and since New Jack was from Atlanta, they decided to film the footage in Jack's neighboorhood.
13. Battle Royal - Robert Gibson & New Jack are the last remaining wrestlers. They brawl to a double DQ. Mustafa runs In and joins the fight. Once again, the whole locker room empties to break it up. Gibson tries to get some revenge by attacking the Gangstas during their interview, and YOU GUESSED IT, the locker room empties again. And where was Ricky Morton in all of this? They show a clip of a badly beaten Morton, who says the Gangstas attacked him in the parking lot before the match.
14. Gangstas v. Brian Logan & Steve Casey
15. Security Camera Footage of the Gangstas in a bar, boasing about everything they've done to the Rock & Rolls. The RRs burst into the bar, and brawl with the Gangstas with everything that's not nailed down. The Gangstas bring this tape to the police and have the RRs ARRESTED! This was even funnier, because the bartender was not let in on the angle in advance. He had no idea that this was going to happen. HE WENT NUTS!
16. New Jack v. Ricky Morton (After about 45 seconds Gibson & Mustafa run in and brawl. New Jack juices heavily as the Locker room empties once again to break it up.)
17. JIM CORNETTE OFFERS THE GANGSTAS "THE OPPORTUNITY OF A LIFETIME!" Cornette offers the Gangstas his services as their manager. The Gangstas let him know in NO UNCERTAIN TERMS that they don't need, nor want a "REDNECK" like him as their manager. Cornette is HUMILIATED!
18. Gangstas v. Brian Lee & Lance Storm (lots of interference by D-Lo Brown. Yes THAT D-lo Brown)
19. JIM CORNETTE PLOTS TO GET EVEN WITH THE GANGSTAS by offering to manage his LIFELONG enemies, the Rock & Roll Express, who to everyone's surprise, accept Jims offer to manage them during the "Christmas Chaos" tour.
20. D-Lo Brown v. Steve Armstrong (The Gangstas run in, but Scott Armstrong runs them off with a lead pipe.)
21. Gangstas v. Scott & Steve Armstrong
22. Jim Ross interviews the Rock & Roll Express. He lists all of the rotten things (and it's a pretty big list) that Cornette's Done to them over the past 10 years. Cornette runs out to shut Ross up, and the RRs are now more suspicious then ever.
23. D-Lo Brown v. Brian Lee
24. Rock & Roll Express v. The Infernos (The RRs are managed by Jim Cornette! The Gangstas run in, and Cornette runs away - but returns to the ring with three tennis raquets, which he and the RRs use to pound the Gangstas with.
25. Gangstas v. Rock & Roll Express w/ Jim Cornette (Joine in progress from Knoxville. Cornette's requet comes into play, and the RRs win the Tag Titles. During the post match brawl, Cornette has the Gangstas hold Morton, and loads up the raquet, but instead of hitting Morton, CORNETTE BLASTS BOTH GANGSTAS WITH THE RAQUET GETTING A HUGE POP FROM THE CROWD! The Gangstas recover and DESTROY Cornette, beating on his leg with the nightstick.
There are several additional interviews that followed this match
Corey's SMW Best of The Gangstas Vol. 2- Time 4:00 VQ- GD
The Gangstas' story continues. Once again, I've only listed the major points here. There are many more interviews on this tape That are not even listed.
1. Cornette petitions Bob Armstrong to re-instate the Heavenly Bodies in order to gain revenge on the Gangstas
2. INT - Heavenly Bodies and Jim Cornette - Cornette gives some pretty hard comments and accuses the Gangstas of profiting on the Black v. White issue.
3. The Gangstas accuse Commisioner Bob Armstrong of being a racist, and Bob responds by calling New Jack an Asshole!
4. New Jack v. Steve Armstrong (The match never starts, as Cornette comes out with an injunction barring the other gangstas from ringside. The Gangstas flip, and then triple team Steve, injuring his knee with the night stick. Bob Armstrong makes the save.)
5. Tracey Smothers & Scott Armstrong reform the "Southern Boys" tag team and plan to go after the Gangstas.
6. Smokey Mountain Rumble - Joined in progress from Morristown, TN. Tracy Smothers eliminates the Gangstas to win the battle royal, but the Gangstas jump him after the match. D-Lo and Scott Armstrong join in to help out their partners.
7. Gangstas v. The Heavenly Bodies (GREAT BRAWL! Cornette and the HBs get revenge on the Gangstas, giving them a bloody beating. They Fight all over the arena, in the back, in the parking lot, and EVEN OUT IN THE STREET!
8. SMW commisioner Bob Armstrong starts levying fines on the heels for just about every angle that's taken place in the last couple of months. The Gangstas come out to complain about being discriminated against, and levy their own 3 on 1attack on Armstrong. Bob, then Oks a special referee for the upcoming Gangstas v. Bodies match. HIMSELF!
9. The Gangstas attack Bob Armstrong and Jim Cornette. Cornette & Armstrong are actually fighting SIDE BY SIDE!
10. Southern Boys v. Two Jobbers (The Gangstas run in and Destroy the Southern Boys. Bob Armstrong runs in and gets buried under the Gangstas' Malcom X flag)
11. The Gangstas & D-Lo Brown v. The Heavenly Bodies & Jim Cornette (Clips)
12. Gangstas v. the T.H.U.G.S. Dirty White Boy & Tracy Smothers (The faces win, but D-Lo & Killer Kyle jump them after the match)
13. PG-13 VIDEO (JC Ice & Wolfie D are coming in from the USWA to feud with the Thugs & the Gangstas)
14. HIGHLIGHTS of the Terry Funk v. Bob Armstrong feud, leading up to the Two teaming v. the Gangstas. If Funk & Armstrong don't win, Cornette promises to refund every fan's ticket money.
15. Gangstas v. DWB & Smothers (Chain match - Tracy gets hung from the top rope)
16. DWB & Smothers v. PG-13 (joined in progress. DWB & Tracy win the USWA tag titles, but USWA official Randy Hales Lies to ref Mark Curtis about the finish, and reverses the dicision. A three way brawl breaks out between the Gangstas, PG-13 & the THUGS.
17. THE BIG DOUBLE CROSS takes place after Funk & Armstrong defeat the Gangstas. Cornette thanks Bob for his help by Throwing a FIREBALL IN HIS FACE! Funk & Cornette and several other wrestlers the destroy Armstrong, cementing Cornette's return to heel-dom.
18. INT with Cornette who reviews his past feud with Bob Armstrong and explains his six month babyfact turn as a plot to get even with Armstrong.
19. Killer Kyle & D-Lo Brown v. The T.H.U.G.S. - DWB & Tracy Smothers (The Gangstas were finished in SMW at this point, and had gone to ECW. They actually Left SMW earlier than scheduled, no-showing about 4 dates where they were supposed to put the THUGS over. D-Lo and Killer Kyle are not referred to as Ganstas now, and The name "Gangstas" was not even mentioned.
Click Here To Go Back
Return To The Main Page